Professional Training, In-Services & Seminars
At Dankmeyer we strive to be a valuable resource for our referral sources as well as for our patients. We offer opportunities for our referral sources to meet face-to-face with our practitioners. These meetings can be a small group Lunch and Learn, or an In-Service for a larger group or department.
We recently completed one of these In-services and sent all of the participants their completion certificates just like this one!
Topics include but certainly aren’t limited to:
- Early intervention pre and post amputation
- Guidance on Medicare guidelines and documentation as they relate to the population that we serve
- The importance of connecting inpatients with outpatient services including our Orthotics and Prosthetics Clinics to improve the continuity of care, the communication among service providers and to promote a long term care model
- Providing information regarding our Patient Navigator page to link patients to services and programs that they may find useful including the Amputee Coalition, and Certified Peer Visitors
- Education on Outcome Measures in Lower Limb Prosthetics, i.e., K-levels
- Guidance on proper use and selection of devices
If any of these topics, or others not listed, are of interest to you please do not hesitate to reach out to Toni Robinson, Practice Liaison. She can be reached at 410-591-1698 or via email at email@example.com.
Contact us today to schedule your professional update seminar.
Other Resources Available:
CMS 'Dear Physician' letter. This letter from CMS helps guide physicians as to the clinical documentation necessary to support that the service/item ordered is medically necessary.
NHIC has recently put out a checklist for physicians prescribing lower limb prostheses.
The Amputee Mobility Predictor An Instrument to Assess Determinants of the Lower-Limb Amputee’s Ability to Ambulate.
Advocacy and Health Policy Webinar Series. Throughout the year, the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Division of Health Policy and Practice Services (HPPS) sponsors free webinars that focus on issues concerning the regulatory, federal, quality, and coding and reimbursement issues directly related to physiatry.