Dankmeyer Academy has a new series of continuing education courses for therapists!
Dankmeyer Academy includes an ongoing education series taught by a Dankmeyer clinician on a myriad of orthotic and prosthetic topics. Clinicians Nina Bondre, CPO and Kelsey Kasten, CPO present one hour courses at host locations.
The courses have been approved by the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 0.1 credits per hour. They have also been approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association for 1 credit per hour.
Introductory courses include:
- Prosthetic Overview
- Transtibial Prosthetics
- Lower Extremity Orthotics: Part I
- Lower Extremity Orthotics: Part II
For further information on Dankmeyer Academy and to schedule a course, please contact us at email@example.com.
Other Professional Training, In-Services & Seminars
At Dankmeyer we strive to be a valuable resource for our referral sources as well as for our patients. We offer opportunities for our referral sources to meet face-to-face with our practitioners. These meetings can be a small group Lunch and Learn, or an In-Service for a larger group or department.
Topics include but certainly aren’t limited to:
- Early intervention pre and post amputation
- Guidance on Medicare guidelines and documentation as they relate to the population that we serve
- The importance of connecting inpatients with outpatient services including our Orthotics and Prosthetics Clinics to improve the continuity of care, the communication among service providers and to promote a long term care model
- Providing information regarding our Patient Navigator page to link patients to services and programs that they may find useful including the Amputee Coalition, and Certified Peer Visitors
- Education on Outcome Measures in Lower Limb Prosthetics, i.e., K-levels
- Guidance on proper use and selection of devices.
Contact us today to schedule your professional update seminar.