Dankmeyer Academy is our new free series of continuing education courses for therapists!
For your convenience, these courses are brought to your location once a quarter. This is a personal, ongoing education series taught by a Dankmeyer clinician, who will take care of all the details to allow you to complete the series for your continuing education credits. Clinicians Nina Bondre, CPO and Kelsey Kasten, CPO have the newest, most relevant curriculum for therapists who treat patients who benefit from a prosthesis or orthosis. The courses have been submitted to the Maryland Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for review.
The series includes one hour courses on the following topics:
- Prosthetic Overview
- Transtibial Prosthetics
- Lower Extremity Orthotics: Part I
- Lower Extremity Orthotics: Part II
- and more.......
How about this... from the Prosthetics overview, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe causes of amputation and amputation demographics
- Identify and describe various levels of amputation
- Differentiate between available modality options for all levels of amputation
- Differentiate between functional levels for all levels of amputation.
- Describe the prosthetic rehabilitation process.
And answer multiple choice questions like these....
- What percentage of persons with lower limb amputation utilize a prosthetic device on a daily basis?
- A common technique in amputation surgeries performed is a 'myodesis'. This involves.....
We believe in a team approach to patient care, and would love to bring Dankmeyer Academy to your location as a part of that team approach. To reserve your seats in the Academy, please contact us at email@example.com and we will be happy to accommodate your facility.
Other Professional Training, In-Services & Seminars
At Dankmeyer we strive to be a valuable resource for our referral sources as well as for our patients. We offer opportunities for our referral sources to meet face-to-face with our practitioners. These meetings can be a small group Lunch and Learn, or an In-Service for a larger group or department.
Topics include but certainly aren’t limited to:
- Early intervention pre and post amputation
- Guidance on Medicare guidelines and documentation as they relate to the population that we serve
- The importance of connecting inpatients with outpatient services including our Orthotics and Prosthetics Clinics to improve the continuity of care, the communication among service providers and to promote a long term care model
- Providing information regarding our Patient Navigator page to link patients to services and programs that they may find useful including the Amputee Coalition, and Certified Peer Visitors
- Education on Outcome Measures in Lower Limb Prosthetics, i.e., K-levels
- Guidance on proper use and selection of devices
If any of these topics, or others not listed, are of interest to you please do not hesitate to reach out to Toni Robinson, Practice Liaison. She can be reached at 410-591-1698 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us today to schedule your professional update seminar.